In 2008, Ashoka U launched as a program of Ashoka, because after three decades of working with leading social entrepreneurs (almost 3,000 in 70 countries), we realized that far more changemakers were needed to become the architects of a sustainable and flourishing society.
Will you join us to take this growing movement to the next level of influence in higher education? Ashoka U is facing immense opportunity, but we need a dream team to take advantage of them. At this stage of growth for Ashoka U, we have many crucial internship roles available. Your contribution has the potential to leave a lasting legacy at Ashoka U.
Partnership Manager, Changemaker Campus
Ashoka U seeks an entrepreneurial, mature, and experienced Campus Partnerships Manager to support candidate colleges and universities through a complex, multi-stage selection process towards attaining the Changemaker Campus designation. Working together with the Changemaker Campus Director, the Partnerships Manager will also work to strengthen the existing Changemaker Campus network and harvest best practices in institutional change that will improve Ashoka U methodologies and knowledge products, guiding the growth of the field of social entrepreneurship education.
In filling this position, we are intently focused on finding the right culture fit with our high-performing team, but are open to applications from candidates with a wide range of years of experience. Ashoka U is at the cusp of a high-growth phase, and the Partnerships Manager position will have many opportunities for advancement, regardless of his or her career level when joining Ashoka. The Partnerships Manager position is tracked for Ashoka U leadership.
To learn more about the role and responsibilities of the Partnerships Manager, please download this job description.
1. Please email your cover letter and resume to Rebecca Kagan, Ashoka U Outreach Manager at email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
2. Your cover letter should outline why you possess the qualifications, experience, passion and drive to become Ashoka U’s Partnerships Manager.
3. We expect excellence and professionalism. Cover letters and resumes with typos and other errors will not be considered.
4. This candidate search is a highly selective process and will include multiple rounds of interviews. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted (after March 15).
Ashoka U is looking for fun, dedicated, innovative summer interns to work in the Ashoka Global office. We seek full-time interns (40 hours per week) for a minimum duration of 10 weeks. Applications are open on a rolling basis through April 15, 2014.
Ashoka U interns join the five Ashoka U staff as key members of the Ashoka U team. They will work closely with the team and have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative group environment.
In addition, interns have responsibility for a specific project. Previous years, projects have included: developing PR and marketing plan for the Ashoka U Exchange, developing content for students at the Ashoka U Exchange, working on developing partnership opportunities for students to work with Ashoka Fellows, fundraising research and opportunity spotting, and designing and implementing a census for social innovation in higher education. Interns spend approximately 70% of their time on individual projects, 20% of time on Ashoka U team projects, and 10% of time on Ashoka-wide collaborations.
Interns will be located in the Ashoka Global Office in Arlington, VA (although we are willing to consider a virtual role). Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial compensation for internships.
Are you a good fit for Ashoka U? For all Ashoka U internship roles, we hope the following describes you:
- Passion for and knowledge of higher education and social entrepreneurship
- Excellent writer (please carefully proof-read your materials before sending!)
- Dedicated focus on execution, while highly detail-oriented and committed to excellence
- Empathetic and effective relationship-builder with a deep understanding of the high-value of social capital
- A good listener who is humble and eager to learn
- A dedicated team player, who will be resourceful and do what it takes to get any job done well
- Previous office or professional experience preferred
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in higher education
- Three specific questions you have about Ashoka U
Please send your materials to Beeta Ansari, Exchange Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Unfortunately, we are not able to contact all applicants, but if we would like to invite you for an interview, we will contact you within one week of your application submission. For more information about the sorts of work that interns do, click here to download a list of our fall internship roles from the Fall of 2013.
Heather Hammond Ashoka U Intern
My time as an Ashoka U intern exposed me to incredibly insightful changemakers including Ashoka Fellows, Change Leaders from Changemaker Campuses, and the amazing Ashoka U staff. Their collective passion inspired me, opened doors, and fueled my energy to make a difference not only during my time with them, but also back on my campus and in my future career.