Join the Ashoka U Team
About Ashoka U
In 2008, Ashoka U launched as a program of Ashoka, because after three decades of working with leading social entrepreneurs (almost 3,000 in 70 countries), we realized that far more changemakers were needed to become the architects of a sustainable and flourishing society.
For this, we see immense potential in the institution of the university as platform that educates the next generation of leaders, while advancing cross-sector collaboration, innovation, and social impact.
Based on 30-years of experience identifying and supporting systems-changing social innovators, Ashoka U has now selected 15 Changemaker Campuses, a designation for leading institutions in social innovation education. Beyond these key leaders and close partners, the Ashoka U network has grown to include more than 1,000 educators from over 100 colleges and universities in 15 countries.
Will you join us this summer to take this growing movement to the next level of influence in higher education? Ashoka U is facing immense opportunity, but we need a dream team to take advantage of them. At this stage of growth for Ashoka U, we have many crucial internship roles available. Your contribution this summer (or fall) has the potential to leave a lasting legacy at Ashoka U.
For all Ashoka U internship roles, we hope the following describes you:
- Passion for and knowledge of higher education and social entrepreneurship
- Excellent writer (please carefully proof-read your materials before sending!)
- Dedicated focus on execution, while highly detail-oriented and committed to excellence
- Empathic and effective relationship-builder with a deep understanding of the high-value of social capital
- A good listener who is humble and eager to learn
- A dedicated team player, who will be resourceful and to what it takes to get any job done well
- Previous office or professional experience preferred
- Ashoka U interns will have responsibility for a specific project with the added benefit of working in a collaborative team environment
- For the right candidate, we will consider a virtual role, although we prefer in-person placements at the Ashoka office in Arlington, VA
- We will accept applications on a rolling basis for both summer and fall positions with a flexible start date
- We seek full-time interns (40 hours per week) for a minimum duration of 10 weeks
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial compensation for internships
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in higher education
- Three specific questions you have about Ashoka U
Please send your materials to Beeta Ansari, Exchange Director, at email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Unfortunately, we are not able to contact all applicants, but if we would like to invite you for an interview, we will contact you within three weeks of your application submission.