In 2008, Ashoka U launched as a program of Ashoka, because after three decades of working with leading social entrepreneurs (almost 3,000 in 70 countries), we realized that far more changemakers were needed to become the architects of a sustainable and flourishing society.
Will you join us to take this growing movement to the next level of influence in higher education? Ashoka U is facing immense opportunity, but we need a dream team to take advantage of them. At this stage of growth for Ashoka U, we have many crucial internship roles available. Your contribution has the potential to leave a lasting legacy at Ashoka U.
Partnership Manager, Changemaker Campus
Ashoka U seeks an entrepreneurial, mature, and experienced Campus Partnerships Manager to support candidate colleges and universities through a complex, multi-stage selection process towards attaining the Changemaker Campus designation. Working together with the Changemaker Campus Director, the Partnerships Manager will also work to strengthen the existing Changemaker Campus network and harvest best practices in institutional change that will improve Ashoka U methodologies and knowledge products, guiding the growth of the field of social entrepreneurship education.
In filling this position, we are intently focused on finding the right culture fit with our high-performing team, but are open to applications from candidates with a wide range of years of experience. Ashoka U is at the cusp of a high-growth phase, and the Partnerships Manager position will have many opportunities for advancement, regardless of his or her career level when joining Ashoka. The Partnerships Manager position is tracked for Ashoka U leadership.
To learn more about the role and responsibilities of the Partnerships Manager, please download this job description.
- 1. Please email your cover letter and resume to Rebecca Kagan, Ashoka U Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be accepted.
2. Your cover letter should outline why you possess the qualifications, experience, passion and drive to become Ashoka U’s Partnerships Manager.
3. We expect excellence and professionalism. Cover letters and resumes with typos and other errors will not be considered.
4. This candidate search is a highly selective process and will include multiple rounds of interviews. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted (after March 15).
Click here to download a list of our fall internship opportunities.
For all Ashoka U internship roles, we hope the following describes you:
- Passion for and knowledge of higher education and social entrepreneurship
- Excellent writer (please carefully proof-read your materials before sending!)
- Dedicated focus on execution, while highly detail-oriented and committed to excellence
- Empathic and effective relationship-builder with a deep understanding of the high-value of social capital
- A good listener who is humble and eager to learn
- A dedicated team player, who will be resourceful and do what it takes to get any job done well
- Previous office or professional experience preferred
- Ashoka U interns will have responsibility for a specific project with the added benefit of working in a collaborative team environment
- For the right candidate, we will consider a virtual role, although we prefer in-person placements at the Ashoka office in Arlington, VA
- We will accept applications on a rolling basis with a flexible start date
- We seek full-time interns (40 hours per week) for a minimum duration of 10 weeks
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer financial compensation for internships
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in higher education
- Three specific questions you have about Ashoka U
Please send your materials to Beeta Ansari, Exchange Director, at email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Unfortunately, we are not able to contact all applicants, but if we would like to invite you for an interview, we will contact you within one week of your application submission.
Heather Hammond Ashoka U Intern
My time as an Ashoka U intern exposed me to incredibly insightful changemakers including Ashoka Fellows, Change Leaders from Changemaker Campuses, and the amazing Ashoka U staff. Their collective passion inspired me, opened doors, and fueled my energy to make a difference not only during my time with them, but also back on my campus and in my future career.