The deadline to submit an application for an Exchange Scholarship has passed. Check back soon for profiles on the Scholars!
The Ashoka U Exchange brings together 650 of the world’s leading innovators in the field of social entrepreneurship in higher education. Over the last three years, Ashoka U has worked to build an inclusive community of social entrepreneurship educators, practitioners, and students. However HBCUs, community colleges, and international institutions are still underrepresented. The Exchange Scholars program is designed to increase the diversity of perspectives, enriching the conversation and our collective knowledge. Scholar applications must be received by October 1, 2013.
The Exchange Scholar Program is an opportunity to allow attendees, who otherwise would not be able to attend, to participate in the Exchange.
Each scholar will receive complementary registration to the Exchange and hotel accommodations (travel is not included).
- Evidence that you are an entrepreneurial leader and that attending the Exchange will further your professional leadership goals and your institution’s social entrepreneurship offerings
- Representative of a community college, Historically Black College and University, or other underrepresented institution or representing a higher education institution outside the US
- Have not previously attended an Ashoka U Exchange
- Complete the Exchange application and the Scholar application
- Students: submit a letter of recommendation
- Non-students: complete the Ashoka U Census on behalf of your institution
- Commit to writing one article before the Exchange and one article after the Exchange
- Share your learnings from the Exchange after you have returned to campus